Why did I call this thing "flyansett"...?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Write the vision

"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry."
-- Habakkuk 2: 2-3

For some time now (like, over a decade), I’ve had a vision in my heart about what I hope to achieve in life. It is not a cheap vision – we are talking a vision where hundreds of thousands of dollars are simply rounding errors.

Yet, for some time I have felt restricted and in bondage … unable to really move forward to achieve this vision, or even tackle some of the most basic things in life (eg, I have found fellowshipping with fellow believers a big struggle, among other people issues!) … but that is another story, and God is faithful and gradually setting me free. But I recently felt God place on my heart that He would not yet set me totally free, because I have neglected to do something He laid upon my heart a few years ago. That thing is writing my vision.

It’s interesting looking at that passage in Habakkuk – after the vision (which is also means ‘dream, revelation, sight, oracle’) has been written, then others can run with it. The word ‘run’ implies a sense of speed and haste, and even though it seems like it will take forever for the vision to come to past, when the time is right, it gushes forth!

Also interesting is the bit about other people reading it and running with it – one reason why it seems not much has happened towards achieving this vision is that I have communicated it with very few people. I’ve found from experience that trying to establish something on your own is next to impossible – it really takes a team to pioneer something. I found that when working on a grant application to run some science programs in school, it was a lot easier to work with someone on it, even though we had to spend more time communicating that I would if I was on my own. But I don’t think I would have put the application in if I didn’t have a partner in it.

But here is a question … how do we right the vision, when that dream is such a deep, deep thing in your heart? Unfortunately, you cant place a few probes on your heart and extract it with a computer – it has to be written and communicated out of your heart.

I’d be interested in your thoughts ;)

1 Comments:

  • how do we right .. write the vision, when that dream is such a deep, deep thing in your heart? (soz I'm such a teacher :P)

    Good question. Perhaps it has something to do something with God's will and timing. Something I'm pretty shocking at. Like, trying to jump into things before I'm even 'qualified'.

    I believe that often God - our creative God - puts 'visions' into us so that we can go forth and conquer! Because if it is a God-given idea, surely it is His will, yes?

    That whole chapter of Habakkuk is good :D

    Good stuff! Blog more!

    By Blogger Achi Myachi, At Friday, September 28, 2007 10:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home